Finishing your education is one of the best steps you can take to help secure that great career you've always wanted.
Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Training Program
A&P technicians keep aircraft in safe flying condition by servicing, repairing and overhauling aircraft components while following detailed federal regulations set by the FAA. Technicians in this field work on aircraft components and systems including the airframe, piston engines, turbine engines, electrical systems, hydraulic systems, propellers, rigging, control surfaces, instrumentation, warning systems, and environmental systems. Those with experience, advanced ratings and administrative ability can be selected for supervisory and executive positions. Redstone College is one of about 170 schools the FAA certifies to train airframe and powerplant (A&P) technicians.
Some programs require up to 24 months to complete, but at Redstone you can graduate in just 18 months with an associate degree in Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) that can provide you with entry-level opportunities in this industry. The A&P program is offered at Redstone in the day or night to offer flexibility for working individuals.
I got out of the army as a helicopter mechanic and looked into an A&P program. After conducting research I decided on Redstone because of the location and reputation. The class hours and scheduling were convenient, and the staff and students I met at Redstone created a positive atmosphere.
Matthew Barry, 2012 A&P Graduate
Learn in a simulated work environment in our facilities, equipped with lab equipment featuring:
- Nearly 40,000 square feet of classroom and lab space
- Over 80 powerplants including two Rolls Royce RB 211-22B turbine engines
- Operational GE Walter 601D turboprop 658 shp
- Three Cessna 172s and a Beech C-35 Bonanza
- A Lear Jet Model 24D
- Tool crib with special tools including micrometers, cable tensiometers and digital scales
At Redstone College you can graduate with an associate degree in airframe and powerplant in just 18 months that can provide you rich opportunities in this industry. Request program info online or call 877-801-1025 today for more information.
*Rate is based upon graduates from July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013, as reported on the Denver and Denver East ACICS Campus Accountability Reports. Detailed employment figures for graduates of each campus is available in our Graduate Statistics brochure. Redstone prepares graduates for certification. Graduates wishing to attain certification must take and pass any applicable test/exams.
- Earn this associate degree in just 18 months with day or night schedules
- Redstone is FAA certified in accord with 14CFR Part 147
- Curriculum has input from major airlines, aircraft manufacturers and repair centers
- Learn new skills in 40,000 square feet of classroom and lab space
- Work on Rolls Royce, Cessna, LearJet and other premier equipment
- Work side-by-side with your peers and receive hands-on training
- Career outlook: Sunny! Over 80% of Redstone A&P graduates get a job in their field*