Finishing your education is one of the best steps you can take to help secure that great career you've always wanted.
Avionics Degree Program
Avionics is a common, industry-accepted term for the field of Aviation Electronics. The main areas of concentration in this field include; communications, navigation, air traffic control, instrumentation and automatic flight control. Avionic technicians can work in maintenance, repair, manufacturing and installing new systems. A graduate of Avionics are not only trained in basic electronics, but in advanced aircraft communication and navigation equipment and their specialized test equipment.
Avionics play a key role in the development and construction of satellites, helicopters and aircraft of all types and sizes. Technicians in the avionics field are responsible for the assembly, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and installation of these airborne and space-related components.
Redstone had much more hands-on learning opportunities than other aircraft schools. There is a depth of real world experience taught at Redstone which relates to the confidence and competence of Redstone aviation graduates.
Richard Burdick, 2008 A&P/Avionics Graduate
Learn the trade in a simulated work environment in our lab which features:
- Nearly 8,000 sq. ft. of classroom and lab space
- A large variety of test equipment
- More than 40 types of test equipment including more than 100 digital oscilloscopes
- Four custom auto pilot trainers
- Six Garmin 1000 training kiosks
- Wide range of test benches
At Redstone College you can graduate with an associate degree in avionics in just 15 months that can provide you rich opportunities to work in the avionics industry. Interested in seeing the training facilities? Request program info online or call 877-801-1025 today for more information on avionics.
- Get your degree in just 15 months
- Training prepares you for FCC and NCATT certification tests
- Learn new skills in nearly 8,000 sq. ft. of classroom and lab space
- Uses more than 40 types of test equipment
- Work side-by-side with your peers and receive hands-on training